VSAUCE BEARD CUBE SWEEPSTAKESOfficial Rules EffectiveOctober 10, 2021.
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT, OR DONATION IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. ALL ENTRIES INTO THE SWEEPSTAKES HAVE AN EQUAL CHANCE OF WINNING. A PURCHASE, PAYMENT, OR DONATION WILL NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Sponsor. Inquisitive, Inc., a Delaware corporation. 15060 Ventura Blvd. Suite 300 Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
2. Dates of Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes begins at 10:00 am Pacific Standard Time (PST) on October 10, 2021 and ends at 11:59 PM Pacific Standard Time (PST) on October 17, 2021 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
3. Eligibility. The Sweepstakes is open only to persons who (if) are eighteen (18) years of age or older or the age of majority in their state or country of residence as of the date of entry, and (ii) do not reside in a Prohibited Jurisdiction (as defined below). The Sweepstakes is void in all Prohibited Jurisdictions and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Officers, directors, managers, and employees of Sponsor, and their respective advertising and promotion agencies, consultants and agents, as well as Immediate Family Members and/or those living in the same household of each such person, and any others engaged in the development, production, execution or distribution of this Sweepstakes are not eligible to participate. “Immediate Family Member” shall mean husband, wife, children, mother, father, sister, sister in-law, brother or brother in-law. The following are “Prohibited Jurisdictions”: All countries on the United States’ list of embargoed countries (which you can find here), Afghanistan, Bahamas, Belgium, Belize, Bolivia, the province of Quebec (Canada), Cambodia, Chad, China, Colombia, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Germany, Ghana, Guatemala, Guinea, Haiti, Honduras, Iran, Iraq, Italy, Jamaica, Lebanon, Mali, Myanmar, Nicaragua, North Korea, Pakistan, Panama, Peru, Singapore, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tanzania (the United Republic of), Thailand, Trinidad, and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, Venezuela, Yemen, Zimbabwe, and any other country where local laws would prohibit the provision of or entry into the Sweepstakes.
4. How To Enter. There are [two (2)] ways to enter: a. Donate and Enter. To enter by this method, visit the Sweepstakes webpage (the “Website”) and then donate by choosing a donation amount and following the instructions to provide your contact and payment information and complete your donation. Upon Sponsor’s receipt of a donation, a donor will automatically receive entries and be entered for a chance to win the Sweepstakes. The number of entries awarded may correspond to the dollar value of the donation, as specified on the Sweepstakes webpage at the time of Participant’s donation, and Sponsor reserves the right to amend the corresponding number of entries to be awarded for a particular dollar value of a donation from time-to-time in its sole and absolute discretion. Participant will receive the corresponding number of entries indicated on the applicable Sweepstakes webpage at the time of Participant’s donation. Individuals may donate as many times as desired, but a Participant is limited to the maximum Entry Limit (as defined below). b. Enter For Free. There are two (2) free entry methods: To enter for free, visit the Website, click the “Free Entry Method” link and then follow the instructions to complete your entry form. For additional free entries, a participant may mail a self-addressed envelope postmarked on or before October 17, 2021 containing participants legal name, valid e-mail address, mailing address, and phone number to:Curiosity Box – Vsauce BeardPO Box 33168Los Angeles, CA 90033Performing both free entry methods grant the maximum number of entries.
5. Entry Limit; Restrictions. Regardless of the entry method used to enter the Sweepstakes, there is a limit of [6,000] per Participant (the “Entry Limit”) for the entire Sweepstakes Period. Any attempt by a Participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different identities, and/or any other methods will void that Participant’s entry and that Participant may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. Entries submitted by anyone other than the Participant are void. In case of dispute as to the identity of any Participant, entry will be declared made by the registered name and address on such entry. Any potential prize winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such person is the prize winner. Sponsor is not responsible for any entry that is lost, late, illegible, stolen, mutilated, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected or undeliverable, whether due to system errors, omissions, interruption, deletions, defects, delay in operations or transmissions, theft or destruction or failures, faulty transmissions or other telecommunications malfunctions, human error, entries not received resulting from any hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions, typographical or system errors and failures, faulty transmissions, technical malfunctions, or otherwise. Only fully completed entries are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
6. Charitable Donations. All donations received by Sponsor in respect of the Sweepstakes, less out-of-pocket expenses incurred by Sponsor in connection with the conduct of the Sweepstakes (not to exceed 30% of gross donations received), will be sent to The Alzheimer’s Association, a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization (Federal Tax ID: 13-3039601) (the “Charity”) at the address of its home office at 225 N. Michigan Ave., Fl. 17, Chicago, IL 60601 within 30 business days of the date all winners are selected and verified. In the event the Charity declines to accept Sponsor’s donation for any reason, Sponsor will promptly select in its sole discretion an alternative 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to advancing the treatment of Alzheimer’s Disease.
7. Drawing; Odds. On or about November 15, 2021, potential prize winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received by the Sponsor. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes. By entering the Sweepstakes, Participants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. To be eligible to receive a prize, all Participants must have an address on file with the Sponsor or have provided an address when prompted at the time of entry. In the event that a Participant has an incomplete address, the Participant will be disqualified and an alternate prize winner will be selected in a random drawing.
8. Prizes. a. Grand Prize: One (1) grand prize will be awarded consisting of a clipping of Michael Stevens’ beard encased in acrylic. The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $25 USD.b. First Prizes: Five (5) first prize winners will receive a Platinum Curiosity Box Annual Subscription. The ARV of each first prize is $183.60 USD. c. Second Prizes: Ten (10) second prize winners will receive The Fall 2021 Curiosity Box. The ARV of each second prize is $49.90 USD.d. Third Prizes: Fifteen (15) winners will receive a $25 credit to use on www.curiositybox.com. The ARV of each third prize is $25.00 USD. Total ARV of all prizes to be awarded is $1,667 USD.
9. Prize Restrictions. Limit of one (1) prize per person/household. All prizes are non-transferable or assignable and no substitutions or cash redemptions are permitted, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion or as otherwise provided herein. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. In the case of unavailability of any prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Each prize winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes, including taxes imposed on his/her income. No more than the stated number of prizes set forth in these Official Rules will be awarded. Subject to applicable law, potential prize winners consent to the use of his/her name, likeness, biographical information, and voice in advertising worldwide without additional compensation.
10. Entry Conditions and Release. As a condition of entering the Sweepstakes, Participant expressly: a. Consents to receive information or promotional materials from Sponsor, or any of the other Sweepstakes partners, via email and/or mail; b. Represents and warrants that (s)he agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and decisions of the Sponsor, which will be binding and final in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes; c. Releases the Sponsor and its shareholders, officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Sponsor Parties”) from all liability, loss or damage or expense arising out of or in connection with participation in any Sweepstakes or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prizes;d. Knowingly and expressly waives all rights to claim, punitive, exemplary, indirect incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses and/or any rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased;e. Agrees that all claims, disputes, or causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any Prizes awarded, shall be individually resolved in binding arbitration, per these Official Rules, without resort to any form of class, collective or representative action;f. Agrees that any and all claims, judgments, and awards, if permitted to proceed, will be limited to Participant’s actual out-of-pocket costs incurred (if any), excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability set forth above. In such jurisdiction, the provisions contained in this section may not apply to every Participant.
11. Notifications and Claims. a. Potential Grand Prize winners will be notified by Sponsor by email and/or phone on or about November 15, 2021 (the “Notification”). Grand Prize winners must respond to Notification within 5 business days of Sponsor’s first Notification. The Potential Grand Prize winner may be required to sign and return (except where prohibited) an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release and a W-9 tax form (the “Paperwork”) within ten (10) days of the Notification. If any Grand Prize winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence (but must be over the age of 18), the Paperwork must be completed and signed by his/her parent or legal guardian and such Grand Prize will be delivered to minor’s parent/legal guardian and awarded in the name of parent/legal guardian. After verification of the Affidavit and submission of all required Paperwork, Grand Prize will be mailed using the United States Postal Service Priority Mail or other reputable courier. Potential Grand Prize winner must return the Paperwork within the date and time indicated in the Notification. If a potential Grand Prize winner fails to respond to the Notification on a timely basis, or fails to return the Paperwork within the date and time indicated in the Notification, or is found to be ineligible, or if he/she does not comply with the Official Rules, such potential Grand Prize winner and his/her entry will be disqualified and another potential Grand Prize winner will be selected from the remaining eligible entries received. If the Notification is returned as undeliverable, this will result in disqualification and an alternate Grand Prize winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries. The value associated with the Grand Prize is taxable as income and the Grand Prize winner is solely responsible for any taxes, including, but not limited to all applicable federal, state and local taxes that become due with respect to the value of the Grand Prize. The Sponsor must report the value of the Grand Prize to the Internal Revenue Service in the year the Grand Prize is received by the Grand Prize winner and will be reported to the Grand Prize winner and the Internal Revenue Service in the form of a Form 1099. Grand Prize winners will be shipped their Grand Prize within 4 weeks from receipt of the signed Paperwork.b. Other Prizes:Participants winning a First, Second or Third Prize will be notified via email within 3 business days of the drawing date to the email address on file with the Sponsor. In the event the email is returned undelivered or Participant fails to respond to the claim instructions and submit all required Paperwork as set forth in the email in a timely manner, the Participant will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected from the remaining eligible entries received. No compensation will be provided for any prizes that are not able to be awarded to a prize winner.
12. Publicity: Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of any Prize also constitutes Winner’s express agreement and consent for Sponsor, and those acting under Sponsor’s authority, to use Winner’s name, city and state of residence, photographs or other likenesses, pictures, portraits, video, voice, testimonials, biographical information (in whole or in part), and/or statements made by Winner regarding the Sweepstakes or Prize, worldwide and in-perpetuity for any and all purposes, including, but not limited to, advertising, trade and/or promotion on behalf of Sponsor in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised, including, but not limited to, print, TV, radio, electronic, cable, or internet, without further limitation, restriction, compensation, notice, review, or approval. Winner agrees to confirm this consent in writing if requested. Some jurisdictions may prohibit Sponsor from conditioning the awarding of a Prize on Winner’s consent to publicity as described in this Section. Winners who are residents of such jurisdictions and who object to such publicity, must notice Sponsor of such objections via email during the Winner confirmation process.
13. Conditions. This Sweepstakes is conducted in English. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials, including, but not limited to any entry form, survey, point of sale, or advertisement, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. By participating in this Sweepstakes, Participants and prize winners agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final in all respects and not subject to appeal. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify permanently from this Sweepstakes any Participant it believes has violated these Official Rules and verify eligibility of Participants. Neither Sponsor nor anyone acting on its behalf will enter into any communications with any Participant regarding this Sweepstakes, except as expressly set forth in these Official Rules. By participating in this Sweepstakes, Participants, and prize winners release the Sponsor and each and all of the Sweepstakes Entities, from any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described) with respect to or arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes, and/or the receipt or use/misuse of any prize awarded, including, without limitation, liability for personal injury, death or property damage. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes. All Sweepstakes materials are subject to verification and are void if (a) not obtained in accordance with these Official Rules and through legitimate channels, (b) any part is counterfeited, altered, defective, damaged, illegible, reproduced, tampered with, mutilated or irregular in any way, (c) are obtained where prohibited, or (d) they contain printing, typographical, mechanical, or other errors. Participants assume all risk of loss, damage, destruction, delay or misdirection of Sweepstakes materials submitted to Sponsor. In the event any portion of this Sweepstakes is compromised by activities beyond the control of the Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Sweepstakes or this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its agencies to use prize winners' names, addresses (city & state), voices and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity, for this Sweepstakes only, without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor may prohibit a Participant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said Participant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Participants, Sponsor, or Sweepstakes Entities. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not able to be conducted as planned, including, but not limited to, by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and randomly draw from those entries received up to the cancellation/suspension date to award prizes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. SPONSOR’S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY TERM OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL NOT CONSTITUTE A WAIVER OF THESE PROVISIONS.